Thursday 7 November 2013

Researching Similar Products - Gossip Magazine

Following my previous post on researching Exposed magazine I decided to look into a different magazine in order to get ideas and information from multiple media sources. The next magazine I looked at was Gossip, another free magazine but instead of being over the whole of Sheffield it just focuses on Dinnington and the surrounding areas.

(Note: Click Images to Enlarge)




Gossip Magazine – Conclusion
To conclude my analysis of Gossip magazine I am going to mention a few ideas/features which I noticed during my time researching the magazine. During my time analysing I noticed that personally I felt that Exposed was the more superior magazine in regards to quality of images, layout and writing. It is understandable however that Exposed is better due to exposed printing much more copies and having many bigger adverts which are more reputable than that seen in Exposed. This is predictable however as Gossip seems to be more of a village magazine as it covers Dinnington and surrounding areas where as Exposed covers the whole of Sheffield, therefore having a much larger amount of dedicated readers. Gossip's targets audience seemed to be people of around the age 20-50 as many of the adverts focused on house upgrades, cafes and van hire which would be unconventional for people below their twenties. The magazine seemed to be very relaxed in comparison to Exposed where most pages were filled with vibrant colours and images on different entertainment events. Even though Gossip does not have more readers than Exposed it still has a fair amount of readers which is shown on the front of the magazine as a way to bring more readers in. The research I have done on Gossip has shown the other ways that I can approach the creation of my Magazine, instead of having it entertainment based I could choose to have it more relaxed and laid back as seen in Gossip. It is however likely that I would go down the more Exposed style magazine as I can relate to the content within it and therefore would feel more comfortable and find it easier producing a product like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment