Monday 17 February 2014

Use of Multiple Fonts

A very important aspect of all of my coursework pieces is to keep to a house-style, all of my coursework pieces need to look like part of the same product. I have already maintained this with the introduction of a 10th Anniversary Logo that will appear in each of my coursework pieces. To follow on from this a simple but important part of keeping to a house-style is the use of fonts. If I were to switch fonts on each of my work then it wouldn't be following a particular house-style, because of this I have chosen to use a specific few fonts in my coursework pieces. In regional magazines I have researched their is commonly 3+ different fonts used, often a font for a heading, another for general text. I used the font website www.dafont.com and used free fonts to make sure I wasn't breaking any copyright laws, here are the fonts I chose:

For the title: Nammy Sans - Link
I chose this font due to the speech bubble effect it has, with the effect I could place my magazine name "Nah' Then" in the speech bubble to make it have the effect that it is spoken by someone.
For subheadings: TheReconLegend - Link
I have decided to use this font for subheadings. It has a unique style which stands out from other fonts I will be using. I decided to make this distinctly different from the font I will be using for most of my text so that readers can know that it is a subheading.


For general text: Defatted Milk - Link
This font will be used for all my general text. The font is rather thin I feel that it would be appropriate for general text but wouldn't suit a subheading or for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment