Wednesday 12 February 2014

Use of Wix for Ancillary Task

For one of my ancillary tasks for my coursework project I was given the task of creating a website for my magazine which will include atleast a Home page and an About us page. When given this task I was given multiple ways to how I could approach it in terms of what to use to create it. As I study IT I could choose to use Dreamweaver as a way to create my website, however in order for the website to be of a good level you have to be extremely skilled with Dreamweaver which I am not. Because of this I have decided to use a web based website creation tool, a tool which I can use via my web browser on any computer. Wix is the particular one I have decided to use as I have past experience with it, I used it for my Y12 Media Coursework assignment. I feel that because of my past experience I will be able to create a much more visually pleasing website than if I were to use Dreamweaver. It also has aspects of HTML5 which make the website extremely responsive and therefore improving the user experience, as HTML5 is quite a recent advancement in web coding Dreamweaver doesn't have the capabilities to include it.
 
 
My Y12 coursework website created with Wix can be found Here
 
The official website for Wix can be found Here

No comments:

Post a Comment